Online Media Creation Project
“Theatre is a mirror, a sharp reflection of society” -Yasmina Reza
The Board of Directors of GABLESTAGE proudly announces new digital programming through one-time commissioning grants for artists. Grants will support the creation of world premieres of “short form” virtual content by the finest artists in our theater community.
The purpose of this Grants/Awards program entitled Engage@GableStage, is to create original content consistent with the values of GableStage (GS); content that is provocative and engaging. These world premiere mini productions will fill the current void by engaging the theatre community, our patrons, playwrights and actors. Be assured that GS remains a viable, vibrant SFL arts organization, and we look forward to welcoming our patrons back to live theater when the time is right.
GS will accept and consider applications for a one-time grant award to qualified high-quality renowned artists who meet the application criteria. Applicants will submit their ideas for online content programming that will be accessible on the GS website and on social media. After selection, GS will work with the awardees in curating and producing the content. Applicants may choose their own themes. Clarity of expressing the idea, simplicity of execution, and conversation stimulation are what we are looking for from these projects.
• Limited number of grants available: Up to 8
• $1,500 – $3,000 is award amount
• Artist may submit more than one idea, but only one idea will be chosen for any given artist
• A team of artists can submit a proposal; however, one grant will be awarded to the team.
• Final product should be longer than 5 minutes, but less than 15 minutes.
• Applicants from all geographical locations welcome, though preference will be given to South Florida artists and/or those with an affiliation to GS.
• Project must keep in mind and must align with GS’s mission
GableStage enriches the South Florida community and confronts today’s issues and ideas with high caliber, innovative productions that entertain, educate and challenge our diverse audiences.
• Headshot & Resume
• Up to 500 words to describe concept, project, execution
• Up to 250 words on how it aligns with mission of GS, and in what ways you believe it will be an appealing project/deliverable
• Budget for project. Please note these grants are for artist fees. Include any production costs in your budget – itemized production costs will be covered up to $500.
Project Ideas/Artists will be selected based on:
• Entertainment value
• Conversation starting (thought-provoking)
APPLICATIONS OPEN JUNE 1 – JUNE 12
Applications are now closed – thank you!