Job Posting: Director of Advancement
With a mission to provide the South Florida community with classical, contemporary and new theatrical productions of artistic excellence, GableStage challenges its multicultural audience with innovative productions that confront today’s issues and ideas. By emphasizing nontraditional casting and employing the best of its local creative force, GableStage endeavors to meet the needs of its diverse community. Under the leadership of legendary producing artistic director, Joe Adler, GableStage was at the heart of producing adventurous theatre of excellence for 22 years.
Now, under the leadership of new producing artistic director, Bari Newport, GableStage embarks on its next chapter. In addition to furthering the GableStage legacy of excellence, Newport has been charged to scale-up the company. With a current budget of $1.1M, GableStage is poised for considerable growth. The company seeks a goal-oriented, ambitious collaborator to work with board, staff and community stakeholders to define and realize the company’s institutional goals and long-term vision.
Director of Advancement will:
– work with marketing, artistic and managing leaders to create comprehensive development plan and strategy
– work with event planner, volunteers and staff to create and execute one large-scale event
– steward individual donors and corporate sponsors
– devise meaningful ways to deepen engagement among donors and sponsors
– develop and manage special campaigns, including the launch of the Joe Adler Legacy Campaign
– devise and manage the company’s annual appeal and strategy
– ensure smooth administrative operations within the development department
– represent GableStage at conferences, meetings and events
– with director of marketing, produce high-quality correspondence, proposals, printed materials and online content
– drive the professionalization of advancement within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a front-line fundraising role, preferably in an arts or non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated success in the discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors.
- An imaginative and creative thinker, with the ability to concretize ideas into actions and measurable results.
- Self-driven and takes initiative.
- A consummate professional with a strong work ethic who always goes above and beyond.
- Strives for perfection and is supremely detail oriented.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Warm, friendly, outgoing demeanor with a natural ability to build relationships.
- Confidence and assertiveness in soliciting gifts over the phone and in person.
- Career-driven with a desire to grow within the institution.
- Experience with box-office and / or development software highly desired.
- Must have a deep appreciation for diversity and community-driven work.
- Non-profit experience required; arts background preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience, along with benefits.
This is a full-time, salaried position requiring some evening and weekend hours.
Applicants: Please send resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references to email@example.com with subject ADVANCEMENT DIRECTOR. No phone calls please.
GableStage maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. The theatre hires, trains, promotes, compensates and dismisses employees without regard for race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, citizenship, or political belief that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.