Box Office Associate – Job Description
A quick summary about the Part-Time Box-Office Representative role:
This role will focus on providing exemplary customer service to all patrons of GableStage Theatre by performing individual ticket sales and customer assistance both over the phone and in person. Works closely with and supervised by the Box Office Manager.
What the Part-Time Box-Office Representative will be responsible for:
- Sell tickets and season subscriptions in person at box office window and over the phone.
- Determine and collect appropriate fees, guide patron decisions and issue tickets.
- Process and verify credit card purchases.
- Provide customer service to patrons with ticketing issues, including lost, stolen, or damaged tickets.
- Monitor, process, and mail advanced ticket orders.
- Answer box office telephone and respond to customer questions regarding events, ticket operations, and assist patrons in finding seat locations on seating diagrams.
- Be Well-versed on all GableStage offerings
- Operate AudienceView ticketing system.
- Stay current on events scheduled for the theatre
- All other duties as assigned.
What the Part-Time Box-Office Representative needs to have:
- High school degree or GED required.
- One year of customer service, ticket sales, or clerical related work experience.
- Experience working with large cash volume is preferred.
- Computerized ticketing experience; Ovation / AudienceView preferred.
- Spanish speaking ability is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong sense of team and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the company.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
- Ability to stand and move around the office and theatre for extended periods of time as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Part Time / Hourly Salary
- $15-$20 per hour, based on experience.
- This position does not offer employee health benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Applicants: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.