Stop by GableStage stand at the fair and have fun painting coconuts with us.
GableStage Stand Location
3227 Charles Ave
Grove Heritage Day Fair Location:
- Charles Ave from Douglas Rd. (SW 37 Ave) east to Main Hwy North along Main Hwy to McFarlane Road
- McFarlane Road to The Coconut Grove Women’s Club
From 12:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Raffle: 4:30 p.m.
About Grove Heritage Day
Miami is celebrating a big birthday this summer and its original neighborhood is taking us back in history for COCONUT GROVE HERITAGE DAY, an experiential, interactive street fair that encourages the community to dress in fun costumes depicting their favorite era as they frolic through Coconut Grove
The celebration of Coconut Grove’s role as Miami’s legacy village will take place on Saturday, July 31, 2021 culminating a week of events honoring Miami’s 125th anniversary of incorporation. All five Miami commission districts will hold their own celebrations throughout the week. GROVE HERITAGE DAY will strive to be the grand finale.
Coconut Grove was founded in 1873 predating Miami’s incorporation on July 28, 1896. Unique to the Grove is the still evident and living history of early African-American and Bahamian culture.
GROVE HERITAGE DAY activities include:
- A panel of leading historians on the history of Coconut Grove:
- An interactive “living history” series with actors and legacy family descendants in period attire participating in re-enactments and presentations, interacting with patrons throughout the day
- Ambulating performers acting continuously throughout the event route, including actors in 3-5 minute theatrical vignettes, modern and African dance groups, junkanoo, marching band, stilt-walkers, drum circle and representation of King Mango Strut
- Student art exhibition sponsored by the Dade Heritage Trust, themed “What Coconut Grove-Miami Means To Me”
- Graphic presentations of noted historic figures, places and events on freestanding backdrops or installations throughout the event sites and route Antique car installation, motorcade crawl and exhibition
- Curated craft-novelty and food vendors
|The Grove Heritage Day is organized by the Business Improvement District and the City of Miami.|